Control Room Technician
Cordius is looking for a Flow Room Technician on behalf of a multinational automotive aftermarket company in their newly built state-of-the-art fully automated Distribution Centre located between North Derbyshire & South Sheffield.
The ideal candidate will have experience of ensuring optimisation of the product flow and systems within the site in order to achieve site and departmental KPI’s as well as have good knowledge of automation, WMS & WCS systems.
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Shift Pattern: Rotating Early & Late Days
Location: Commutable from Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Mansfield, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Skills: Control Room, Flow Room, Automation, WMS, WCS, Warehousing,
- Ensuring that the Management team is fully aware of current status for equipment, system and site performance
- Producing regular activity reports as required
- Perform system maintenance tasks to ensure data is accurate at all times
- Performing system “end of day” tasks to ensure WMS does not have unnecessary or invalid data at the end of the shift
- Manage user rights/permissions and user groups within the WMS
- Complete system investigations to ascertain system issue root causes and support in the optimisation of the WMS
- Support in the creation and maintenance of up-to-date Control Room documentation
- Monitoring automation, assess system/productivity risks and trigger the site incident management when issues affecting systemic/mechanical availability occur
- The ability to understand complex technical detail
- Ability to analyse raw data and convert into meaningful management information
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to prioritise own workload
- Understanding and experience of WCS and WMS
- Experience of working within a fast-paced Control Room/Technical environment in an automated site
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions