Lead Firmware Engineer
A superb opportunity exists for a lead firmware engineer to join the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment, the company generates exports worth around £1.3bn to the UK economy every year.
Their long-term investment in emerging technologies and subsequent development of intellectual property in the UK is achieving export success and delivering huge economic benefits back into the UK, enabling investment in highly skilled jobs.
To lead the Firmware Electronics engineering team assigned to the various projects at C.G. (Luton) both technically and developmentally, reporting to the C.G. Electronics Engineering Functional Lead.
- To lead a team of Firmware Engineers engaged on a number of different projects, ensuring the programmes meet Cost, Schedule and Quality requirements
- Specify, design, code and design prove Firmware.
- Independently review and assess progress on other Firmware programmes using the Company’s design review processes.
- Research, recommend and liaise with other sites and Firmware Leads on new tools, processes and devices
- Prepare estimates for firmware programmes.
- Assist in the preparation of Firmware Road Maps for technical progress, tools and development.
- Recommend training and provide training when appropriate.
- Interface with other disciplines. E.g. Project Management, Systems Engineering, Electrical Design and Software to establish requirements and set to work.
- Manage the firmware team with personal development schemes, Performance Development Reviews, mentoring and performance management.
- Assist in hiring staff and expanding the team capability and competence.
- Track record of successfully progressing Firmware projects using multi-person teams per FPGA and developing multi-FPGA based systems.
- Deriving Firmware requirements and bidding for Firmware work as above.
- Full lifecycle of complex designs based on Xilinx FPGAs and relevant tool sets.
- Experience in version control.
- Solving challenging technical problems.
- Participating in Design Reviews
- Excellent working knowledge of VHDL and Xilinx Vivado tools.
- Test bench development, covering regression testing.
Experience (An advantage)
- DO 254 levels
- Familiarity with: DOORs, Questa Sim, System Verilog.
- Design security techniques
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions