Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial processes of the Derby operation (reporting/forecasting & governance).
The individual will business partner the Department Managers and their teams providing insightful analysis and challenging operational performance.
The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing background.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (DOE) + Car Allowance
Skills: ACCA, ACA, CIMA, SAP
- Accurate reporting of the sites operating cost base including detailed analysis of the variable and fixed cost base and understanding of the financial variances.
- Working as a business partner to key operational managers to drive continuous improvement in the understanding of the link between financial and operational performance through gaining a detailed understanding of the operation.
- Supporting the Finance Manager to prepare, analyse and sign off quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan and three year plan.
- Continually assess the financial reporting of the sites operation to ensure the financial reporting suite is in line with the changing operational environment of the site
- Maintain all financial controls established within the site to ensure continued compliance to the companies financial policies and procedures.
- Own the site financial training programme.
- Actively participate in achieving overall objectives of the site management team and the companies finance team.
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA).
- Commercial awareness and experience working within an operational environment.
- Ability to challenge operational managers and translate operational efficiency in to financial impact.
- Ability to provide credible support to non-financial managers within the business.
- Good IT knowledge and literacy – knowledge of SAP preferable.
- Strong team player but also happy to work independently on own initiative.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions