Principle Systems Engineer (IFF)
Our client a multinational high-tech business, providing solutions to the defence, aerospace and security industries is looking for an experienced Principle Systems Engineer to join a growing Systems Engineering team developing IFF systems.
The role would suit engineers with a background in radar, communications or associated fields. Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, the successful candidate will be involved at every phase of the product lifecycle, including the development of IFF system architectures and designs to support new capabilities required by our customers.
The company has a rich heritage of providing IFF systems to customers all over the world. The company is recognised as a world leader in delivering both Interrogator and Transponder solutions to Air, Land and Sea platforms, ensuring identification is understood and significantly reduces risk of fratricide.
Salary £42,000 - £48,000 + Benefits + Flexi Package
Skills Radar, RF, Rhapsody, System Architect, Matlab, Simulink, DOORS, Teamcenter
Key Responsibilities …
Working as part of an established systems engineering community and supported by a team of experienced engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Elicitation and understanding of stakeholder needs to support the development and management of IFF system/sub-system requirements
- Performing requirements analysis and iterative refinement to capture accurate definitions
- Involved in functional design and take responsibility for significant systems design decisions and sub-system level analysis tasks
- Support to solution reviews and trade-off studies to ensure compliance of technical solutions and fitness for purpose
- Ensuring traceability of system requirements and design throughout the lifecycle
- Work closely with engineering and other functions within the IPT (Integrated Project Team) to manage solution/design changes
- Using technical expertise to solve problems, generate ideas and be pro-active within the team
- Delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule
- Communicate progress and performance within the team and to the wider IPT
- Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
- Support bid preparation and work closely with other key members of the team
- Take an active role in engineering process improvement, ensuring the communication of best practise across the IPT and within the systems engineering team.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to other member of the team
- Provide evidence and present at lifecycle reviews
You must be willing to obtain SC-level security clearance if offered.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions