The company are a leading international solution provider of sorting systems for letters, flats & packets with a continuous evolution of its products expanding to baggage handling and parcels.
The company has over 40 years experience within automation; believes in being at the forefront of Innovation to lead the material sortation industry and improve customer experiences.
They work with their customers to develop tailored solutions that deliver against individual system requirements.
They are expanding massively in the UK and are currently looking for a Engineering Manager at East Midlands Gateway
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Using your skills to deliver incredible results:
- You’ll have experience of design of architecture of hardware and software systems for supervision and control of sorting machines for Airport (Baggage Handling System) and courier (Sorting system for packet, parcel, etc.)
- You’ll have experience of working in a similar industry such as Baggage Handling Systems, Packaging Systems, Automated Storing and in Process Industrial Automation.
- As an experienced Controls Engineer, you would have ideally had demonstrable experience working on integrated automation system.
- Have the ability to understand and translate customer requirements into design deliverables including; design, Interface and Test Specifications.
- Customise standards software for project specific requirements.
- Provide the necessary expertise and knowledge to the installation teams during the implementation of the project on customer sites including the preparation of as-built drawings and handover documentation.
- Design and program application software for lower level controls system for material handling system applications (logistics, warehousing, baggage handling etc.)
- Create user documentation for software applications.
- Production of Project Documentation: FDS, SDS, etc.
Specific Requirements & Skills:
- Design of architecture HW and SW based both in PLC, DCS, PAC platforms and PC embedded with Real-Time Operative Systems (RTOS: RTX, MS Windows Embedded, Linux)
- Software development in PLC environments and in C/C++ languages (PC platform). Control System for Motion Control, Field Industrial Bus di LAN Ethernet Based, I/O management in RT/TX, Condition Monitoring, Drives development ,etc.…
- Filed Bus (Profibus, Profinet, I, CAN, Ethercat, etc...)
- Wireless Network for communication between sorter and ground.
- Basic Know How about SCADA COTS, such as:
- (Suite iFIX, InTouch, WINCC, RSView32, etc.)
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions