The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
Salary: Highly Competitive + Good Benefit Package
Key Skills: Sub-contract management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Projects, SAP
The successful candidate will be a part of a team jointly designing and implementing a global integrated support supply chain solution with a leading aircraft manufacture. This will involve closely working with the internal Integrated Project Team, external Suppliers and Partners to develop the most effective Global supply chain.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the programme
- Lead the set up and delivery of sub-contract management activities
- Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships
- Prepare and/or review and approve complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
- Timely and accurate preparation of data
- Clearly and concisely represent Procurement at the monthly Performance Progress Reviews
- Adherence to functional specific, LCM and business process requirements and standards
- Quality of contracts, supply chain management and demonstrated performance of project deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
- Focal point for the Programme Directors and suppliers regarding escalated contract and supply chain matters
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and deliver solutions/mitigations
- Effectively communicate project requirements to the supply base
- Understanding of Export Compliance, restrictions and third party rights for all procured items
- Familiarity with SAP (or equivalent integrated business systems) is desirable
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Domestic and Export Defence & Aerospace industry and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
- The ability to work collaboratively to design innovative supply chain solution
- Strong stakeholder collaboration and management to build sustainable Supplier and Partner relationships
- Supply chain design knowledge and experience to reduce costs and improve flows
- Commercial and negotiation skills
- Influential at all levels both internally and externally
- Skilled at procuring services and Supply Chain/Sub-Contract Management
- Prime contracting experience is desirable
- Requires appropriate training to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience
The role will require both UK and overseas travel and possible extended visits, primarily, to Sweden. Any candidates considered for this position MUST be capable of achieving a minimum SC Security clearance!
Cordius Ltd team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions