Material handling company with over 40 years experience within automation; believes in being at the forefront of Innovation to lead the material sortation industry and improve customer experience.
They work with their customers to develop tailored solutions that deliver against individual system requirements.
They are expanding massively in the UK and are currently looking for a Site Manager in Castle Donington to “Assumes lead in ensuring project is physically delivered on site, to programme schedule and quality.”
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Reporting into the Project Manager as Site Manager you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the project installation works including Health & Safety, CDM and Progress.
- Responsible for attending both internal and customer daily meetings, reporting as required.
- Acting as main coordinator and manager of supervisors and our approved sub-contractors ensuring installation is on programme, quality standards are being met and delivered in a safe manner. Ensuring all deliveries are managed effectively on site and site cleanliness is adhered too.
- Ability to maintain and deliver to project schedules (where possible ahead) also ensuring of the robust and accurate reporting and judgment of progress data to the Project Manager and Project Planner.
- Responsible for the effective control of all site activities, including lifting and hot works, requesting permits in a timely fashion (where required).
- Responsible for the quality of installation and performance of supplier's installation teams.
- Conducting site safety inspections and providing the necessary legislative and company reporting.
Exploring new ways to utilise your current skills:
- Profound technical education (Higher Technical College for Mechanical Engineering, Operational Management, Mechatronic, Automation Engineering or similar).
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to understand the deliverables of a given task and execute efficiently as an individual or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain control of the situation in a dedicated and proactive manner in high pressure environments.
- Experience in plant engineering projects, ideally relevant job experience as site manager.
- Comprehensive, interdisciplinary technical knowledge combined with solid business know-how.
- Organising ability, marked customer orientation and distinct management potential.
- Flexibility and high mobility.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions