A material handling company with over 40 years experience within automation; who believes in being at the forefront of Innovation to lead the material sortation industry and improve customer experience.
They work with their customers to develop tailored solutions that deliver against individual system requirements.
They are expanding massively in the UK and are currently looking for a Controls Engineer in the East Midlands.
- As an Electrical Engineer you’ll work closely with the Controls Project Lead, Team’s Project Manager, subcontractors and Mechanical engineers involved throughout the life of the project.
- You’ll draw on the experience you have in the engineering electric sector in automation of complex machineries to fulfil customer requirements.
- You’ll be responsible for the conception of Electricity Distribution Network Design at low level voltage. Design of low level electric cabinet for automation system (power transfer for electric motors, inverters, drivers, PLC, sensor and actuators, power electronics, etc. for sorting machines (Baggage Handling System).
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design of architecture at low level power, cabling and protection dimensioning. PLC Architecture Design (Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley RXLogix5000) Field Bus definition such as Profibus, Profinet, CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT).
- Calculate and describe the entire electromechanical installation (panels / field wiring / components) and functionality, in close cooperation with the Controls Project Leader and PLC engineer.
- Select (partial) solutions from standardized solutions and re-uses standard modules.
- Make detail design of the electromechanical installation and coordinate the work for realization and installation by subcontractors. Safeguards quality.
- Make (electromechanical) project documentation and technical project specifications for Controls Hardware suppliers, subcontractors and suppliers of resale equipment. Monitor the uniformity.
- Define scopes of work and review deliverables when working with third party subcontractors for external development of hardware designs.
- Understand, interpret and apply procedures, standards and regulations.
- Make test plans for controls hardware supplies.
- Support of the site team, electrical supervisor, and PLC Engineer to minimize potential problems.
- Work closely with clients.
- Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
- Initiate improvement actions.
- Drive, support, promote and improve hardware standardization platform. Develop new modules for the platform.
Apply for this job
Our Commitment to you
Here at Cordius Ltd. we work closely with our candidates to ensure that we provide you with a first class recruitment service. Our recruitment consultants seek to ensure that both the needs of the employer and the candidate are met, therefore producing a cohesive relationship and the best chance of success. Our Candidate Management Team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your CV and to aid you in the recruitment process through offering advice on interview techniques and construction of your CV.
Read our Terms & Conditions